Breeda’s Griddle Bread
Make this tasty griddle bread recipe at home! Enjoy it with butter and jam.
- 1 Heavy frying pan
- 1 Spatula
- 150g plain flour sieved
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 grams soft butter
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 small free-range egg (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the butter and mix lightly with your fingers.
- Mix the buttermilk with the egg.
- Now add the buttermilk and egg a little at a time to the flour, mixing as you go. Do not have it too wet. Add more flour if you need to.
- Knead together into a round pile and flatten to 25cm thick.
- Brush a heavy frying pan with olive oil, set over a low heat and place dough in pan, brushing with more olive oil when you turn it in the pan.
- Stay with it until baked at both sides, about 5 minutes each side.
- When it is done, remove from the pan and eat hot.
- Cut into triangle slices, then cut into the centre and butter it.
Tip: you can add jam or cream of your choice to this.
If you’d like to make this tasty griddle bread, click here to watch the full video on Facebook.